Chenille is a tufted velvety yarn is known as soft or Imitation chenille. It is not very old textile. Ten odd years ago its existence was not common. It existence is not as famously known as that of silk or cotton.
The corporeal is smooth, mild & synthetic. In semblance also it is soft feathery. At present, chenille has its own brightness with numerous qualities. As chenille quilt is a kind of soft cloth with perfect look that's why is excellent to prepare gift quilt, bedspreads & lap quilts. In 1996 designer Christine Bramhall also designed chenille jacket which later on became the talking point of the fashion industry..
LIST OF MATERIAL AND SUPPLIES NEEDED:
* International type sewing machine
* Rotary cutter
* Cutting Board
* Sewing needles - International size 12
* Rotary ruler
* Stitching machine
* Chenille - colors of your preference
* Cutting Board
* Fabric to make blocks, silk shall be most attractive.
* Pins - Glass Beheaded or plastic make.
* Design for chenille quilt
Please follow these instructions:
1. Pre-wash the textile separately. Ensure colors don't fade and the textile doesn't shorten. Then well dry the textile & Iron it later including the sprinkle starch. Be attentive that the textile be completely dry & dense with out wrinkles. Dry clean would be a better option if you can avoid washing.
2. More the layers and varied designs give chenille quilt a royal appearance. It can be used in different ways such as an appliqué pattern or block pattern. Place the base textile on the bottom & layer textile on top. Flat a textile & pin the layers together.
3. On every side stitch 5 or 6 layers of textile together keep away the pins. Later on the stitches are to be detached therefore stitches should be done loosely.
While using block quilt patterns cut the textile as stated and make simple blocks as directed. Don't let to slip from the mind to use the combination of textile while through it with chenille.
4. As the pieces joinsdo lining, batting and quilting as you would for any other quilt. Better to ensure do not quilt above chenille pieces as it looses it's feather with the stitches on it.
5. Put attaching next to the edges using 2.5 inches attaching folded lengthwise. Be careful that never attach chenille. Always use silk as it is permanent and stronger cloth you can also feather the chenille by moderate wash drying with air blow.
Chenille is extent to use, as appearance can be swollen and warmer than normal quilt. They also require additional care like any of your precious things might require. These quilt do not ask for a wash regularly.
Given a chance anybody and everybody would love the idea of having a nap in a warm quilt so why not try making one yourself. Colors are many and materials are like inviting, and by the time you have made one for yourself you shall be happier in more than one way.
First and foremost, those who are beginners and have little knowledge of the techniques involved it is highly recommend that few basic principles or instructions be taken into account so that the process of making a quilt is an experience worth remembering.
1. MAKE IT SIMPLE:
Simplicity can do wonders with your work. Pick a simple design; take cotton, as fabric, cotton threads and material of primary quilt type would vastly improve the rate at which a beginner could grasp the method of making one.
Starters can choose either a simple block design or a bargello design would be ideal this purpose. A fancy and intricate design such as yoyo quilts is something that you try after gaining acquaintance with quilt making. Start with 3-4-color combination and then color mixture can be infinite.
2. DO PREWASH FABRIC:
Prewashing is like - essential. It just makes sure that you do away with fabrics that can later shrink or fabric color possibly fading off. Prewashing allows you to eliminate fabrics that shrink or fade color on washing.
In that case look for prewashed materials. Another important, you should make sure to let the material be completely dried up and ironed out before you kick start the process of cutting the fabric and giving it shape. Material like linens and cottons should prewashed in particular.
3. THE PATTERN CHOICE:
To get your quilt making process of to a hassle free start use simple patterns coupled with a quilt type that supports your simple idea. Again simplicity will help to complete this process easily, although intricate designs have a more appealing ambiance.
As it stands you shall be better off keeping away from trying to make something and ending up with not finishing it at all, the mantra is keep it simple and let that be beautiful.
4. QUILTING STEPS:
Wanting to start is one thing and knowing how to start is all together different propositions, understanding the steps well is therefore a necessity. There are 4 steps involved in quilting basically - layering, binding, piecing, and quilting.
Did you have an idea that quilts are sewed from the middle to outside? The main step is piecing. This forms the top most layer which is the determining pattern. Various parts of fabrics are first put in place and then carefully stitched cohesively to create a predetermined design.
What is a layer? Well making 3 layers joined together is layering, namely top, the underlining and the batting layer. The whole process of quilting requires the stitching of 3 different layers into one single block/piece.
Different methods of stitching can be applied here. Binding is the final step. By binding we mean giving the concluding touch to the quilt, make a nice border to conceal the ragged fabric edges.
Now that you know the requirements as well as the preliminary procedure to build you lovely own quilt I am sure you would like to buy the material and enjoy the experience.
Several times, technique of quilt was seen in grandmother's. But why? It is because they wish their young dear ones grand children also to enjoy the luxury and affection of the smooth home made quilts.
Hence the lives stock are complete of factory made quilt and they are also providable as there is no substitute of the attachment that is entwine in each and every stitch grandma's acquire.
I heartedly love keeping eyes fixed on sweet young ones in gentle, soft cloth and dashing quilt. Baby quilt are not bounded only to grandmother, mother's, uncles & aunts and but anyone can give quilt to a baby. If you set up your mind and would like to learn baby quilt making these instructions are to be followed -
1. Keep in mind intentionally to use unmixed materials, though synthetic materials are used in pieces, do not neglect lining is to be made of soft cotton, as baby's skin is delicate and synthetic fabric causes reactions.
2. Exclude use textile of twilled cotton and worn off clothes.
3. Use stubborn textile and fast color, it needs quick wash.
4. Take more batting than ordinary. It benefits in keeping the baby cozy.
Now the problem arises how to prepare a baby quilt. All over it is not a troublesome thing. If you have prior experience then it is just a routine project with varieties of measurements. The person who has not done the quilting I'd suggest
* Material for piecing and lining * Spray starch * Rotary ruler * Scissors * Rotary cutter * Needles * Sewing needles * Sewing machine * Threads * Cutting Board * Iron * Pins could be plastic make or glass beaded. * Batting * Pattern for baby quilt
Techniques For Baby Quilt :
1. Buy 3 yards of cotton, select coordinating colors and designs. Mix solid color properties with eachother, this combination can be done in printed as well as on even color. Nursery prints are remarkable to sew baby quilt. Purchase all the other stock you require.
2. Pre-wash the textile separately. Be convinced that the colors are fast and textile do not shorten. Then well dry the textile & Iron it later including the sprinkle starch. Be attentive that the textile be completely dry & dense with out wrinkles.
3. As the pieces joined do batting, quilting in the common way as you'd desire for other quilts.
4. Join the quilt around to make it attractive; you can also use silk ribbons around the binding.
Baby quilts are important to prepare, as there can be several kinds of quilts for this aspirations. Yoyo's picture quits, appliqués all seems attractive including baby quilt, attempt making a block quilt with a sequence of yoyo's all over the border as before the binding fabric.
Quilting is a hobby enjoyed my many people. It is not a strenuous activity, making it appropriate for those of all ages to enjoy. Many older people like to create quilts for their children and grandchildren. These creations are often seen as keepsakes and can be passed down through the generations. Some families still have quilts that are over 100 years old. Quilt making supplies can be found in abundance at any craft or hobby store.
There are many quilting supplies that you will need to get started on your new hobby. The good thing is, these items tend to be inexpensive, and can be purchased as you go. Many of them can be purchased in bulk as well, so you will get a good deal of value in your purchases. You can then reuse the items each time you make a new quilt, making the interest even more affordable. The most common tools you will need to have in order to begin your masterpiece are thread, needles, and a thimble.
Several colors of thread should be purchased in the beginning. Also, you should always keep an abundance of the more neutral colors such as black and white in your sewing kit. Needles range in sizes and uses. If you plan to sew the quilt by hand, you will need quilting needles. Be sure to have extras on hand. There are also needles made specifically for sewing machines. A few of these should also be kept in the event that a needle breaks while you are quilting. A thimble, the other necessary item, keeps your finger from being pierced by the needles.
Other quilt making supplies can be bought that will make it easier for you to participate in your hobby. Scissors are necessary to cut the required size of fabric for your project. A fabric marker and ruler can also be useful in helping you make precise cuts. If you are making several quilts in a short period of time, a rotary cutter and cutting mat can benefit you. These quilting supplies work in unison to cut several pieces of material at once, saving you time.
As you can see, quilting is a relaxing interest enjoyed by many, young and old. There are many quilt making supplies available. It really just depends on how easy you want the task to be. A needle, some thread, and a thimble are enough to get your started. Consider how serious you are about your new interest before investing too much money into it. If you plan to continue the hobby for a long period of time, it would be ideal to invest in many of the quilting supplies that will make the job simpler for you.
This is the fun part of all quilt-making techniques. You can engrave the entire world on these quilts. Appliqué quilt are the quilts that represent certain time in memory.
These quilts can be easy as well as hard to make, hard because there is no certain pattern that you have to follow so those who are accustomed to copying certain patterns will find it hard to do while those who are creative and let imaginations guide their work will find this pattern fun to do.
Another great advantage of appliqué quilts is that they are inexpensive to make as material required is sourced from scrap like things, and the patterns are not defined or limited any mixture of patterns can result in a appliqué quilt.
Appliqué quilt making in its process teaches you all the other methods of quilt making as well. Be it stuffing batting in for creating 3-D effects , or yoyo quilts, embroidery designs or picture quilts all these methods can be learnt and perfected while learning the art of appliqué quilts. And in all this the fun part will always be there.
These quilts could be used by anyone, for a newborn baby or young kids or something you like to use to comfort your pets. Itching to learn this quilt type, well here is the method.
Normal Stitching Machine
* Sewing needles - Common size 12
* Cutting Board
* Rotary ruler
* Spray starch
* Rotary Cutter
* fabrics as per preference of color or scraps of fabrics.
* Pattern for appliqué quilt
* Quilt batting
* Pins- beaded head
* Fabric for lining or backpack
* Some decorative material and pictures
Learn The Art Of Applique Quilt Making :
1) Readying the fabric: You must pre-wash the material. This will ensure that color is not lost or material doesn't shrink later on. Let the material get dried up fully and then iron it firmly. The material should be sans any wrinkles.
2) Cutting of fabric: Choice of pattern could be customary or your own unique one. My idea at the first experience was a black color background and with a printed flower fabric that I cut to add to the black fabric.
So it won't be a bad if you would like to replicate my idea to make your appliqué quilt, girls especially would like it. If have some other pattern in mind then start with that pattern.
3) Build a Block: Take all the square you have and stitch them into a large square. If you have a guidebook or whatever ensure the instructions are followed as written. These steps indicated here is a general step-by-step procedure for all.
4) Piecing: Take all blocks and sew them till you have in hand the size of your quilt. Here in you can add a few decorative thing like old ornaments or fancy bookmarks that will enhance the beauty of the quilt.
5) Batting: Put your batting material over the piecing. The upper side of piecing should be one on one with the mat while the side stitched should run besides the batting. Then put selected lining material above it. Batting is available in different types and thinkness, select one that suits your fabric the best.
6) Quilting: Once done you have 3 different layers with you, stitch all these 3 layers with one another using a sewing machine. Like said before a lot can be done with pattern variations but sticking to a basic easy pattern is advisable for starters to begin with.